The Supervisory Board of Slovenian Sovereign Holding hereby publishes an international invitation to apply for the job vacancy MEMBER OF SSH MANAGEMENT BOARD (m/f)
The Supervisory Board of Slovenian Sovereign Holding hereby publishes an international invitation to apply for the job vacancy
MEMBER OF SSH MANAGEMENT BOARD (m/f)
Slovenian Sovereign Holding ("SSH") is an enterprise in 100% ownership of the Republic of Slovenia ("RS") and its main duties include the management of capital assets of SSH and RS, managing processes for the sale of capital assets in direct or indirect ownership of RS, taking part in denationalisation proceedings and settlement of liabilities under the Nationalisation Act and other relevant acts.
The management board of the SSH is constituted of the president and two members. At the moment there are two unoccupied positions of the Members of the SSH Management Board.
A person who satisfies the following conditions may be appointed to the job post of the Member of the SSH Management Board:
- is known for personal integrity and business ethics,
- has a qualification degree obtained in line with study programmes of the secondary cycle in accordance with the act regulating higher education, or the level of education which in accordance with the act regulating higher education matches the secondary cycle qualification (the qualification obtained in study programmes abroad which is recognised in the Republic of Slovenia is also accepted),
- has ten years of work experience in managerial positions of which at least three years have been acquired in enterprises carrying out comparable activities and/or by managing large-size companies and has been achieving results which have displayed business excellence and successful performance,
- has a higher level of knowledge of Slovenian and English (in a case of international membership of the SSH Management Board, at least one person must have a higher level of knowledge of English and at least one person must have a higher level of knowledge of Slovenian),
- has not been sentenced as a result of a criminal act prosecuted ex officio, and no final indictment for a criminal act prosecuted ex officio has been filed against him or her;
- does not perform a function which, according to the act governing the integrity and prevention of corruption as per this or another act, is incompatible with membership of a supervisory body or management body in a company, and has not performed such function in the previous six months,
- in the period of previous six months, she/he has not held an office in a political party to which she/he was elected or appointed,
- is not a member of a supervisory body of SSH,
- he/she is not a member of the management body in a company in which the SSH has a majority stake or prevailing influence, and of a company performing an activity that is, or could be, in a competitive relationship with the activity of the company with capital assets of the state,
- he or she must not be in a business relationship with a company holding state-owned capital assets, or with a company associated with it. A business relationship in this regard shall be any legal transaction, except a transaction in which a person is a consumer of the regular products or services of the company with state-owned capital assets under the general conditions applied to other participants in the market,
- has not been convicted by way of a final judgement for any criminal offence in relation to the economy, labour relations and social security, legal transactions, property, the environment, spatial planning and natural resources. The said person must not be a member of a management body or supervisory body for five years from the final decision and for two years after the sentence served,
- has not been imposed a security measure on prohibition of performing profession, specifically, for the duration of the prohibition,
- was not a member of the management or supervisory body of a company against which bankruptcy proceedings have been instituted, and has not been pronounced liable to pay damages to the creditors in accordance with the provisions of the law, regulating financial operations of companies, on liability for damage, specifically, for a period of two years after the final judgement.
A preference will be given to candidates with experience in corporate governance and management and restructuring of capital assets and in the sale of companies.
It is desired that a candidate is fluent in two languages, is capable of creating and motivating highly efficient teams, is a strong team player and has excellent communication and conflict management skills. All of the aforementioned is to be clearly presented in a Curriculum Vitae.
The following supporting documents need to be enclosed with the candidate's application, together with his or her CV and the vision with regards to performing the function of the Member of the SSH Management Board:
- a photocopy of proof of education obtained,
- a photocopy of years of service and work experience,
- a photocopy of work experience on managerial positions,
- a signed statement that he or she has not been sentenced as a result of a criminal act prosecuted ex officio, and a signed statement that no final indictment for a criminal act prosecuted ex officio has been filed against him or her,
- a signed statement that he or she does not perform a function which in line with the act regulating integrity and prevention of corruption, the act on the Slovenian Sovereign Holding (ZSDH-1) or any other act is not compatible with the membership in the supervisory body or a management body of a company and that he or she has not performed such function for the previous six months,
- a signed statement that in the period of previous six months, he or she has not held an office in a political party to which he or she was elected or appointed,
- a signed statement, that he or she was not a member of the management or supervisory body of a company against which bankruptcy proceedings have been instituted, and has not been pronounced liable to pay damages to the creditors in accordance with the provisions of the law, regulating financial operations of companies, on liability for damage, specifically, for a period of two years after the final judgement,
- a photocopy of evidence on active knowledge of the Slovenian language (if this is not mother tongue),
The active level of knowledge in foreign language is demonstrated by means of a certificate on active knowledge of foreign language or a document supporting the fact that the said person has carried out the work in foreign language on a level of higher education complexity for least 6 months, or an evidence on an exam in foreign language passed within the undergraduate or postgraduate study programme.
The Nomination Committee of the SSH's Supervisory Board will formulate a short list of candidates who have applied for the job and who will be invited to an interview.
The candidates should submit their applications with evidence supporting their satisfaction of all of the conditions mentioned above, curriculum vitae and a description of key challenges in regard to the performance of the function, in accordance with the provisions of ZSDH-1, until 12:00 CET on 24th September 2018. Any applications received after the deadline set forth herein will not be considered.
The applications and the supporting documents should be sent to the following address:
Slovenian Sovereign Holding (not to be opened – application for a Member of the Management Board)
Mala ulica 5, p.p. 139
1001 Ljubljana, Slovenia
A Member of the SSH Management Board will be selected by the SSH Supervisory Board. A Member of the SSH's Management Board is appointed by the SSH's Supervisory Board for the four-year term of office by concluding an employment contract for a fixed period of time, i.e., for the period of time of carrying out the tenure of a Member of the SSH's Management Board.
The candidates will be informed of the results of the recruitment process not later than 8 days from the decision made by the SSH Supervisory Board.
Supervisory Board of Slovenian Sovereign Holding