By having the State play a significant ownership function in Slovenian companies imposes on SSH a duty to manage state-owned companies in the SSH portfolio in a responsible, professional and active manner. An active ownership means, among other matters, to focus on creating value for owners, that is, for the Republic of Slovenia and SSH. A general objective of state-owned enterprises being managed by SSH is pursuing a profitable, effective and efficient operation of companies, creating value and, in many cases, implementing efficiently tasks related to significant public interest.
SSH also takes part in denationalisation proceedings and provides for a reliable and full settlement of all statutory liabilities due to beneficiaries.
SSH mission in regard to the disposition of capital assets is to manage all processes in a transparent, effective and internationally comparable manner that provides for equal treatment of all investors and strives for maximising the economic impact of the sales of shares of SOEs.
The values on which the operation of SSH is based are inter-related and are the foundation for activities pursued and decisions made by SSH.
- Excellency in all aspects of operation within SSH and in the environment in which SSH operates.
- Integrity among all SSH stakeholders.
- Meritocracy-based operation in which measured performance and demonstrated achievements count.
- Respect to all SSH internal and external stakeholders and in regard to all aspects of economic operation.
- Confidence in people.
- Professional competence and expertise as the main criteria for managing and implementing the strategy.