An international invitation to apply for the job vacancy of a SSH Management Board Member (m/f)
Slovenian Sovereign Holding hereby publishes an international invitation to apply for the job vacancy of a
SSH management board member (m/f)
Slovenian Sovereign Holding (SSH) is a fully state-owned company which manages capital assets owned by the Republic of Slovenia and SSH, and is in charge of conducting processes for the sale of assets in direct or indirect ownership of the Republic of Slovenia. It takes part in denationalisation proceedings and provides for the settlement of liabilities under the Nationalisation Act and other relevant acts.
A person who satisfies the following conditions may be appointed to the job post of a member of the management board of SSH:
- is characterised by personal integrity and sound business ethics,
- has an education acquired in accordance with study programmes of the second level in accordance with the act regulating higher education, or a level of education which, in accordance with the act regulating higher education, corresponds to education of the second level,
- has ten years of work experience in managerial positions, including at least three years in comparable activities and managing large-size enterprises, and displays good and comparable results in their work,
- at least one person with the knowledge of the English language at advanced level, and at least one person with Member knowledge of the Slovenian language at advanced level,
- has not been sentenced as a result of a criminal act prosecuted ex officio, and no final indictment for a criminal act prosecuted ex officio has been filed against him/her,
- does not perform a function which, according to the act governing the integrity and prevention of corruption as per this or another act, is incompatible with membership of a supervisory body or management body in a company, and has not performed such function in the previous six months,
- in the period of the previous six months, the said person has not held an office in a political party to which she/he was elected or appointed,
- is not a member of the supervisory body of SSH,
- he/she is not a member of the management body in a company in which SSH has a majority stake or prevailing influence, and of a company performing an activity which is, or could be, in a competitive relationship with the activity of the company with capital assets of the state,
- he/she must not be in a business relationship with a company with capital assets of the state, or with a company associated with it; a business relationship in this regard shall be deemed any legal transaction, except a transaction in which a person is a consumer of the regular products or services of the company with capital assets of the state under the general conditions applied to other participants in the market,
- has not been convicted by way of a final judgement of a criminal offence in relation to the economy, labour relations and social security, legal transactions, property, the environment, spatial planning and natural resources. The said person must not be a member of the management body or supervisory body for five years from the final decision and for two years after the sentence served,
- has not had a security measure imposed on him/her for prohibition of performing a profession, specifically, for the duration of the prohibition,
- was not a member of the management or supervisory body of a company against which bankruptcy proceedings have been instituted, and has not been pronounced liable to pay damages to the creditors in accordance with the provisions of the law, regulating financial operations of companies, on liability for damages, specifically, for a period of two years after the final judgement.
A preference will be given to candidates with experience in corporate governance and management and restructuring of capital assets and in the sale of companies. It is desired that a candidate is fluent in two languages, is a team player and has international experience.
The following supporting documents need to be enclosed to the candidate's application and his/her CV:
- a photocopy of evidence in regard to the qualification level and education obtained,
- some evidence of their years of service and work experience,
- evidence of work experience obtained in managerial positions,
- a certificate from the Criminal Records for individuals issued by the Ministry of Justice,
- a certificate from the Records of final judgements issued by the Ministry of Justice,
- a signed statement that the candidate does not perform a function which, in line with the act regulating integrity and prevention of corruption, the act on the Slovenian Sovereign Holding (ZSDH-1) or any other act is not compatible with the membership in the supervisory body of management body of a company and has not performed such a function for the previous six months,
- a signed statement that in the period of the previous six months, she/he has not held an office in a political party to which she/he was elected or appointed,
- a signed statement, that she/he wasnot a member of the management or supervisory body of a company against which bankruptcy proceedings have been instituted, and has not been pronounced liable to pay damages to the creditors in accordance with the provisions of the law, regulating financial operations of companies, on liability for damage, specifically, for a period of two years after the final judgement,
- a photocopy of evidence on active knowledge of Slovenian language (if this is not his/her mother tongue).
The active level of knowledge in foreign language is demonstrated by means of a certificate on active knowledge of such foreign language or a document supporting the fact that the candidate has carried out work in a foreign language at the level of higher education complexity for at least 6 months, or evidence of an examination in a foreign language which the candidate has passed within the course of an undergraduate or postgraduate study programme.
The candidates should submit their applications with evidence supporting their satisfaction of all of the conditions mentioned above, a short curriculum vitae and a description of key challenges in regard to the performance of the function, in accordance with the provisions of ZSDH-1, within the period of 15 days following the publication of the invitation to apply for the job vacancy. The applications and the supporting documents should be sent to the following address:
Slovenian Sovereign Holding
(Not to be opened – application for Management Board Member Job Vacancy)
Post Box 139
The Member of the SSH Management Board will be selected by the SSH Supervisory Board.
The candidates will be informed of the results of the recruitment process not later than 8 days from the decision made by the SSH Supervisory Board
Slovenian Sovereign Holding